We are honored that you have chosen us for your skin care needs, and we promise to provide you with the best care available. This page introduces you to some of our office policies and likely answers many questions you may have.
Kenneth Dawes, MD, established our practice in 1995; he partnered with Scott Fretzin, MD, forming Dawes Fretzin Dermatology Group in 1997. In 2007 we welcomed Christy Nebesio, MD and Priya Young, MD. We were thrilled when Mary Spolyar, MD joined us in 2009 and Ann-Marie Hyatt, MD in August 2012. In 2014 Nicholas Countryman, MD, a Mohs surgeon entered our practice to further expand the services we provide our patients. Later that year we happily added Kathryn Shrift, MD, to our staff as well.
All our physicians are board certified in dermatology. Our talented staff includes two experienced Physician Assistants, Christina Race and Betsy Golden, Amber Nunes our Nurse Practitioner, and our skilled Estheticians, Joan Merski and Marisa Allen.
Dawes Fretzin Dermatology proudly offers a variety of dermatologic treatments, including medical and surgical management of diseases of the skin, hair and nails. We also provide cosmetic services to enhance the appearance of your skin. Our cosmetic services include, but not limited to:
- Laser treatment for removal of hair, tattoos, pigmented skin lesions and fine blood vessels on the face
- Botox Cosmetic©, Restylane, Radiesse and Juvederm for facial wrinkles
- Sclerotherapy treatment of spider veins of the legs
- Vibradermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Facials, Dermaplaning and Waxing
- Physician skin care products and Mineral Makeup
Same day appointments for our Esthetician may be available. Please inquire at the front desk.
We strive to give all patients the earliest available appointment. If you have an urgent problem, your primary care physician’s office is welcome to call us with the details. We request 24 hours notice for cancellations, as this will enable us to fill the scheduled appointment time; there is a $25 fee for missed appointments without appropriate notice. There is also a $75 missed appointment fee for laser appointments. We reserve the right not to reschedule you if you repeatedly miss appointments.
What To Bring
- A complete list of medications (prescription and non-prescription) you are currently taking
- Your most recent insurance card(s)
- A photo ID
- A referral from your primary care physician, if necessary/required by your insurance plan
- If you're a new patient, we'd like to help make your visit as convenient and smooth as possible. Please download these forms, fill them out at home, and bring them in on the day of your visit.
Payment For Services
By contract, we are required to collect copays at the time of service. We accept cash, check and Visa/Mastercard/Discover. We will bill your insurance company and we do accept assignment from them. Any remaining balance will be billed to you. If you do not have insurance, or don't have your card for your visit, full payment will be necessary at the time of service. Accounts referred to an attorney for collection will incur an additional charge.
Please call our office during regular business hours to request prescription refills. We try to accommodate these requests on the same day, though it is not always possible. Return calls will only occur if there is a problem or question regarding your request; you should call your pharmacy to see if the refill has been called in. Yearly visits are necessary to maintain a status as an active patient and to qualify for prescription refills.
We understand how frustrating it is to get stuck in a phone messaging system when you call an office. Below you will find a few extensions that you may dial as soon as the message system is engaged. If you leave a message on the scheduling line, you will receive a call back within 24 hours. Our phones are on from 7:30 to 4:30.
- Billing Department — Main menu press 5, next menu press 1
- Nursing (prescription refills, medical questions) — 301
- Psoriasis Center — 147
- Referrals — 300
- Scheduling — 300
If you have an urgent medical need outside of office hours, dialing our office number will tell you how to reach the doctor on call. Routine prescription refills and lab/pathology results are not available after business hours.